Florence horse rides for experts
Florence Country Life offers small-group riding
adventures in Tuscany for all levels of competence. But as passionate riders, Simona and Marco aim to share their favourite riding trails and hidden taverns in the hills of Florence with expert riders from across the globe.
Into majestic fir woods, through meadows, in the midst of olive groves and with magnificent views over the great vineyards in the Arno Valley and Chianti area: we have selected for you some magnificent trails for horseback rides in the hills of Florence through the gentle Tuscan countryside and away from the crowds and traffic of the city.
These longer horseback rides are fully customizable and can include lunches, dinners or picnics along the trails. Like all our tours, they include private transfers between downtown Florence and our riding center
Available tours range from short horseback strolls to leisurely half-day and rewarding full-day rides, and will take you on a journey of discovery of the Tuscan lifestyle through authentic landscapes at a relaxed pace.
FROM 150 PAX
- Period: year round
- Meeting points*/Departure times:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area); time to be arranged
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area); time to be arranged
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
- Duration: options range from 2 hours to a whole day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Minimum age: 14 years (horse ride)
- Horse ride:
Minimum age: 14 years
Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes
Experience: required; newbies should look into our other riding tours suitable for all
- Cancellation/Rain policy
The tour will be carried out even in case of rain by providing waterproof capes for the horseback ride.
For tours paid in advance, should Florence Country Life cancel it (and only in this case), the options:
1) Refund with voucher to make the tour the following day or at any other time, based on availability. The voucher is transferable and lasts up to 1 year from its date. It can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund of the amount paid in advance.
3) Should the customer cancel the tour at anytime they will have the right of refund of 50% of the amount paid at the booking.
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Riding helmet
- Complimentary bottle of water