Horse ride and Florentine craft workshops
This fun-packed day tour will take you off the beaten path on a journey of discovery into lesser-known angles of the celebrated Tuscan lifestyle.
The program combines a relaxed ride through the Chianti hills with visits to the traditional craft workshops in downtown Florence, direct descendants of the glorious Renaissance heritage of Arts and Crafts and the core of the 'Made in Tuscany' manufacturing excellence.
After meeting you by the National Library in the Santa Croce neighborhood, your English-speaking Florence Country Life guide will take you on a pleasant walking tour of hand-picked goldsmith, leather and mosaic craft workshops where the ancient techniques are still handed down from one generation to the next.
You will hear stories from the city's glorious past and learn how they live on in the present through the creative skills of our master artisans, who are holders and revered custodians of a culture dating back from Medieval and Renaissance times. This is also an excellent opportunity to pick a few quality presents for yourself and your loved ones.
The tour continues out of town with a complete change of scene: a short transfer to the hills of the Chianti region will take you to a riding center for an incredible horseback ride among vineyards and olive groves.
Whatever your former riding experience, our expert riding tutors will match you with a suitable horse and take you on a rewarding horseback stroll through an authentic and unspoilt corner of the Florentine countryside.
Return private transfer is provided. Enroute, a stop can be made at a typical Tuscan country grocery store for a quick standing snack of filled Focaccia bread washed down with a glass of excellent Chianti wine.
From 200 PAX
THE TOUR INCLUDES ALSO
- Period: all year
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times**:
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 9:30 or 15:30
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day
- Languages: English, Italian, Spanish
- Participants: minimum 2, maximum 8
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes
- Experience: none required, newbie riders welcome
- Cancellation/Rain policy
The tour will be carried out even in case of rain by providing waterproof capes for the horseback ride.
For tours paid in advance, should Florence Country Life cancel it (and only in this case), the options:
1) Refund with voucher to make the tour the following day or at any other time, based on availability. The voucher is transferable and lasts up to 1 year from its date. It can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund of the amount paid in advance.
3) Should the customer cancel the tour at anytime they will have the right of refund of 50% of the amount paid at the booking.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may sometimes be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Riding helmet
- Complimentary bottle of water