Riding tour with country manor lunch and olive farm visit
A pleasant transfer from central Florence takes you to our riding school in the Chianti hills, where your four-legged companion and expert tutor will lead you on a pleasant ride across the typical Tuscan countryside, dotted with manicured vineyards and tranquil olive groves in a pleasant diversion from the crowds of the City.
Next, your chauffeur-guide will drive you to one of Tuscany's most celebrated olive oil estates. Set in the upper Arno valley along the ancient Roman route between Florence and Arezzo, this imposing country manor of medieval origin is surrounded with south-facing terraces of drystone walls where olive trees have been caringly tended to for centuries.
In fact, a very ancient stone-and-wood olive press can still be seen in the old manor house. During your tour of the estate and the oil mill, you will learn how the estate combines tradition and state-of-the-art technology to obtain the best of both worlds.
At the end of the tour, a typical Tuscan meal provides the perfect opportunity to sample the cold-pressed, organic-certified extra-virgin oil and to appreciate its intense perfume, fruity and rather peppery. The estate's pleasant red wines and organic honey are also available for tasting and purchasing if you so wish.
FROM 150 PAX
- Period: year round
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times**:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 10:00 or 15:30
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 10:30 or 16:00
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Horse ride:
Minimum age: 14 years
Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes
Experience: none required, newbie riders welcome
- Weather policy: In case of rain or other severe weather conditions, the horseback ride can be replaced with a guided tour (English / Spanish) of the Santa Croce Basilica & Museum, or cancelled with a 20% discount off the tour price; no changes need apply to the gastronomic part.
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Riding helmet
- Complimentary bottle of water