Riding tour with country manor lunch and olive farm visit
A pleasant transfer from central Florence takes you to our riding school in the Chianti hills, where your four-legged companion and expert tutor will lead you on a pleasant ride across the typical Tuscan countryside, dotted with manicured vineyards and tranquil olive groves in a pleasant diversion from the crowds of the City.
Next, your chauffeur-guide will drive you to one of Tuscany's most celebrated olive oil estates. Set in the upper Arno valley along the ancient Roman route between Florence and Arezzo, this imposing country manor of medieval origin is surrounded with south-facing terraces of drystone walls where olive trees have been caringly tended to for centuries.
In fact, a very ancient stone-and-wood olive press can still be seen in the old manor house. During your tour of the estate and the oil mill, you will learn how the estate combines tradition and state-of-the-art technology to obtain the best of both worlds.
At the end of the tour, a typical Tuscan meal provides the perfect opportunity to sample the cold-pressed, organic-certified extra-virgin oil and to appreciate its intense perfume, fruity and rather peppery. The estate's pleasant red wines and organic honey are also available for tasting and purchasing if you so wish.
FROM 180€ PAX
- Period: year round
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times**:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 10:00 or 15:30
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 10:30 or 16:00
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Horse ride:
Minimum age: 14 years
Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes
Experience: none required, newbie riders welcome
- Cancellation/Rain policy
The tour will be carried out even in case of rain by providing waterproof capes for the horseback ride.
For tours paid in advance, should Florence Country Life cancel it (and only in this case), the options:
1) Refund with voucher to make the tour the following day or at any other time, based on availability. The voucher is transferable and lasts up to 1 year from its date. It can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund of the amount paid in advance.
3) Should the customer cancel the tour at anytime they will have the right of refund of 50% of the amount paid at the booking.
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- The standard duration of the horse ride is 1 hour, but it can be customized up to 3 hours.
- Riding helmet
- Complimentary bottle of water