Florence horse riding and tasting of Chianti wines
This horseback ride in the Chianti hills
followed by a tasting of fine Tuscan wines in the cellars of a historic villa will prove a welcome diversion from the hustle and bustle of the City Center.
A half-hour chauffeured transfer from downtown Florence will take to a riding school in the Florentine countryside, where your four-legged companion will make you discover a typical corner of the Tuscan countryside, among green hills dotted with vineyards and olive groves.
After the horseback ride, you will be taken to an old wine estate in the surroundings of the stables for a guided tasting of their fine wines. An introduction about the historic Villa will lead you to its cellars, where you will learn the secrets of making and aging fine Tuscan wines.
The wine tasting includes three different wines and a dessert wine, and will be accompanied by a light lunch of hearty Ribollita (Tuscan bread soup), tasty cheeses and cold cuts and bruschetta seasoned with extra virgin olive oil from the same estate, as well as the typical Cantucci almond biscuits to dip into the dessert wine.
Before your private transfer back to Florence, you will have the opportunity to buy the estate's wines, oil and delicatessen, which the owners will be happy to ship to your home address if you so wish.
Please note: on Saturdays and Sundays in winter, the wine tasting will be held in a typical historic Tuscan grocery store.
FROM 150 PAX
- Period: year round
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times**:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 10:00 or 15:30
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 10:30 or 16:00
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Horse ride:
Minimum age: 14 years
Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes
Experience: none required, newbie riders welcome
- Cancellation/Rain policy
The tour will be carried out even in case of rain by providing waterproof capes for the horseback ride.
For tours paid in advance, should Florence Country Life cancel it (and only in this case), the options:
1) Refund with voucher to make the tour the following day or at any other time, based on availability. The voucher is transferable and lasts up to 1 year from its date. It can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund of the amount paid in advance.
3) Should the customer cancel the tour at anytime they will have the right of refund of 50% of the amount paid at the booking.
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Riding helmet
- Complimentary bottle of water