Afternoon horseback adventure and Tuscan snacks in the Tuscan countryside
At the height of Summer, this pleasant afternoon tour will provide a welcome respite from the bustle and heat of downtown Florence! No previous riding experience is required to make the best of this delightful horseback adventure in the legendary Tuscan countryside
After pick-up from downtown Florence, your English-speaking chauffeur will drive you to the riding center. During the approx. 30-minute transfer, you will pass through picturesque countryside and learn interesting information about the area.
On arrival at the riding school, our experienced riding tutors will match you with a suitable horse and brief you on the basics of horse riding. A guided 1-hour leisurely horseback ride along carefully selected tracks on easy terrain amidst shady woods, vineyards and olive groves will provide a full immersion into the sights, sounds and smells of an spoilt Tuscany.
Back at the stables, you will be served a lakeside snack dinner with a platter of tasty Tuscan cheeses and cold cuts, a bottle of Chianti wine, Vinsanto sweet wine and Cantucci almond biscuits. You will have approximately 1 ½ hours to relax and enjoy the delightful view of our countryside setting. Cool off in the shade of the poplar trees, or sunbathe on the loungers provided on the shore of this pleasant small fishing lake before joining our return transfer and switching back into museum-going mode.
FROM 150 PAX
- Periodo: March to September
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times**:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 15:00
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 15:30
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Horse ride:
Minimum age: 14 years
Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes
Experience: none required, newbie riders welcome
- Cancellation/Rain policy
The tour will be carried out even in case of rain by providing waterproof capes for the horseback ride.
For tours paid in advance, should Florence Country Life cancel it (and only in this case), the options:
1) Refund with voucher to make the tour the following day or at any other time, based on availability. The voucher is transferable and lasts up to 1 year from its date. It can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund of the amount paid in advance.
3) Should the customer cancel the tour at anytime they will have the right of refund of 50% of the amount paid at the booking.
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options can be made available with advance notice; by request, the foodie part of this tour may also be offered for any or all participants without the horse-riding part; expert riders are advised to check our dedicated page.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Riding helmet
- Complimentary bottle of water