Horse riding and lunch
This is one of our best-loved tours! You will be transferred from Florence to a riding center in the Chianti area
, where your equine companion will be waiting for you.
After a brief test, you will be leaving for a horseback ride in the Chianti hills
among vineyards and olive groves.
The guided ride will take you on a relaxing and unforgettable stroll on horseback through the luscious green landscape typical of the Tuscan countryside.
The ride is guaranteed to whet your appetite, so next your driver will take you for lunch to a typical Tuscan grocery store, normally frequented by local customers for the daily shopping of local delicatessen but hugely popular with visitors alike. You will be able to taste sample two of the most important Tuscan wines – Chianti Classico and Brunello di Montalcino – and taste a delicious Tuscan meal including a pasta dish of your choice, a platter of cheeses and cured meats, plus dessert with sweet Vinsanto wine.
You can also buy or order the wines and the products tasted, before returning to Florence with your senses full of a full-round experience of authentic life in the legendary Florentine countryside.
FROM 150 PAX
- Period: year round
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times**:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 10:00 or 15:30
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 10:30 or 16:00
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Horse ride:
Minimum age: 14 years
Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes
Experience: none required, newbie riders welcome
- Cancellation/Rain policy
The tour will be carried out even in case of rain by providing waterproof capes for the horseback ride.
For tours paid in advance, should Florence Country Life cancel it (and only in this case), the options:
1) Refund with voucher to make the tour the following day or at any other time, based on availability. The voucher is transferable and lasts up to 1 year from its date. It can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund of the amount paid in advance.
3) Should the customer cancel the tour at anytime they will have the right of refund of 50% of the amount paid at the booking.
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a
call to check).
- Riding helmet
- Complimentary bottle of water