Carriage tour in the heart of Chianti and lunch
Florence Country Life is proud to offer this exclusive tour in the famous Tuscan hills of the Chianti area, that you'll be able to enjoy from the unusual perspective of a romantic traditional carriage pulled by two majestic horses. After this slow-paced excursion, your full immersion in the most authentic Tuscan atmosphere continues with a taste of the local cuisine and of the famous Chianti Classico red wines.
From the center of Florence, a private vehicle will take you to our riding center just in time to watch the interesting final stages of harnessing the horses and attaching them to the carriage. After helping you aboard and having you to seat safely and comfortably, your professional carriage driver – "fiaccheraio" is the local word – will pick up the reins and take you on a 90-minute carriage ride through the Chianti countryside, among gentle hills adorned with rows of cypresses, olive groves, vineyards, Renaissance villas and Medieval castles.
After returning to the stables, your chauffeur will then take you to Greve in Chianti with a quick private transfer. In the capital town of the Chianti Classico wine-making area, an elegant table awaits you for lunch (or for dinner, if you choose the afternoon tour) in a luxury restaurant overlooking the town's picturesque main square, where you will be served an authentic Tuscan meal.
However, should you prefer to further enjoy the beauty of the Tuscan countryside after the horse-drawn carriage ride, Florence Country Life also offers you the equally alluring alternative of opting for a country lunch on the private lawn of the equestrian center. Here you will be seated and served a tasty meal at a finely set table, surrounded by greenery. In both cases, vegetarian guests or guests with other dietary needs will be gladly catered for, with prior notice.
Choose this tour to gift a special someone with a unique and unforgettable experience in the Chianti hills! This is the ideal tour to celebrate a birthday or an anniversary, for a marriage proposal, or simply to enjoy the glorious Tuscan countryside.
FROM 220 PAX
- Period: year round
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times**:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 8.30 or 15.00
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 9.00 or 15.30
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day tour
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: 2 minimum; 6 maximum
Suitable clothing: no special requirements
Experience: not necessary
- Customization: Vegetarian / vegan / gluten-free menu may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Bad weather policy: the tour will not be canceled in case of rain. In such case, waterproof cloaks will be provided to guests.
- Cancellation policy for prepaid tours
Should Florence Country Life need to cancel the tour for logistic, safety or any other reasons, guests will be entitled to choose between the following compensation methods:
1) A voucher valid to reschedule the tour the next day or at any other time of their choice, subject on availability. The voucher is transferable, valid for up to 1 year from the date of issue, and can be used both for the tour originally booked, and for any other tour from Florence Country Life's catalog.
2) A full refund of the amount paid in advance.
If the customers cancel the tour at any time, they will be entitled to a 50% refund of the amount paid at the time of booking.
- Private return transfer
- Free water bottle