Horseback excursion and poolside chillout with Tuscan meal
Take a day break from the crowded city center of Florence! This full-day tour will delight you with a heavenly experience immersed in nature. The program starts with an unforgettable horseback ride in the Tuscan countryside and continues with plenty of time to chill out by the exclusive swimming pool of an elegant country resort surrounded by the lush vegetation of the Florentine hills.
After meeting you in one of our convenient departure points in downtown Florence at the agreed time, your chauffeur will drive you with a private car or minibus to an elegant country resort in the Chianti Rufina hills, about 45 minutes' drive from our departure point. Here you will enjoy a 1h30' guided horseback tour through our manicured olive groves, at an altitude of about 600 m (2,000 ft) a.s.l.
At the end of your horse ride, you can relax, sunbathe, or take a refreshing swim in the spacious pool. Free WiFi, bathroom, changing room and shower will be available for the whole of your stay, and the resort staff will be happy to serve drinks and meet all your needs.
At around 1:00pm, a full Tuscan lunch will be served under the marquee of the poolside restaurant. You will enjoy some freshly-made potato tortelli, one of Tuscany's best loved pasta dishes typical of the Mugello valley. The meal continues with a mixed platter of mouthwatering cheeses, tasty cold cuts and crispy bruschettas washed down with excellent local Chianti wine. And last but not least, enjoy a delicious dessert with freshly brewed coffee. Of course we shall be happy to cater for vegetarian guests with a special menu every bit as delicious, and do our best to meet any other dietary requirements.
Later in the afternoon, your chauffeur will be back to pick you up and drive you back to the Florence city center at the time agreed. Departure and return times, as well as the time of the horse ride, can be adjusted at the time of booking to meet your requirements.
FROM 180 PAX
- Period: April to late November
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 9:00
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 9:30
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: whole day (approx. 8 hours)
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Horse ride minimum age: 14 years
- Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes (horse ride), bathing suit (pool)
- Weather policy: in case of rain, the tour will be canceled. It will be our pleasure to suggest alternative options.
- Customization: Vegetarian / vegan / gluten free menu may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Private return transfer
- Riding helmet
- Pool towels, sun loungers and beach umbrellas, unlimited use of the pool
- Full lunch with Tuscan menu (with vegetarian option), water, wine, coffee
- Drinks (except for lunchtime water, wine and coffee)