Horse ride in Bolgheri for an exclusive wine tasting opportunity
This off-the-beaten-track full-day tour departing from central Florence provides an exceptional opportunity to learn about some outstanding Tuscan wines that normally only wine connoisseurs get to taste.
A two hours' private transfer with an English-speaking driver will take you to Bolgheri to sample Ornellaia 'Supertuscan' and Sassicaia wines, ranking among the highest-prized wines in the world.
There will be ample time to visit Bolgheri and get to know some more of the local culture. Bolgheri itself is a quaint Medieval village in Southern Tuscany not far from the Maremma sea-coast, and is nestled in a countryside characterized by vineyards and olive groves.
You can choose to have a ride of 1 hour in the saddle or 1h30 in a carriage and then move to a prestigious wine shop in Bolgheri for a light lunch with typical products accompanied by a tasting of Sassicaia and Ornellaia or to visit a luxurious local cellar and its vineyards for a Bolgheri Superiore wine tasting of 3 wines.
The village was made immortal by the Tuscan poet Giosuè Carducci
, the first Italian to win a Nobel Prize for Literature in 1906, who portrayed its beauty in the verses of one of his best-known poems.
Before heading back to Florence, you can buy or order the wines and the products tasted.
This exclusive small-group tour includes full round-trip transportation with English-speaking driver, guided tasting and lunch with typical products of the Tuscan Maremma.
From 190 PAX
- Period: year round
- Meeting points*/Departure time:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 9:00
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 9:30
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
- Duration: full day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may sometimes be possible, please give us a call to check).
- The standard duration of the horse ride is 1 hour, but it can be customized up to 3 hours.
- Tasting of a third wine from Bolgheri
- Complimentary bottle of mineral water
- Coffee break