Horseback ride, fishing and lunch in the Chianti countryside
With a short private transfer from downtown Florence you will reach our riding center, where after a brief introduction your Florence Country Life guides will take you through vineyards and olive groves on a fascinating horse track to explore the famous Chianti countryside.
From mounting your horse to your return to the stables, this will be an unforgettable experience away from the tourist crowds.
The tour continues with a pleasant transfer to a lovely fishing lake, where you can enjoy an alfresco lunch of typical Tuscan specialties with extra virgin olive oil and excellent Chianti wine. For dessert you will try the famous Vinsanto sweet wine and Cantucci almond biscuits.
After lunch you will have plenty of time to enjoy this beautiful location among the hills just south of Florence. Relax in the shade or sunbathe on a deckchair by the lake, enthralled by the glittering on the water surface, the gentle rustling of the leaves on the poplar trees and the chirping of cicadas; or engage in sport fishing, and have fun trying to catch a carp, a trout or a big sturgeon.
Our exclusive program allows you will spend a wonderful and unusual day in the Chianti hills, and return to Florence with some of the best memories of your Tuscan vacation.
FROM 150 PAX
THE TOUR INCLUDES ALSO
- Periodo: All year round
- Meeting points */Suggested departure times**:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 10:30
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 11:00
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Minimum age: 14 years
- Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes
- Experience: none required, newbie riders welcome
- Weather policy: in case of rain, the tour will be cancelled and refunded in full
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options may be offered with advance notice.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Use of riding helmet and fishing rods
- Complimentary bottle of water