Horseback afternoon tour and romantic sunset dinner in Fiesole
From our convenient meeting points in central Florence, an English-speaking driver will transfer you to a riding school in the Chianti hills
while relating some interesting information about the area.
Upon arrival at the stables, our expert riding tutors will match you with suitable horses and introduce you to the basics of safe and pleasurable horse riding. A 1-hour horseback ride on easy tracks suitable for all levels of riding expertise will reward you with an unforgettable experience surrounded by the sights, sounds and smells of this picturesque area in the celebrated Chianti countryside.
After parting with your newfound equine friend, the driver will take you to a luxury hotel in Fiesole, the quaint Etruscan town nestled on a hilltop overlooking the Arno valley and Florence. A romantic candle-light dinner will be served on the exclusive panoramic terrace, with breathtaking views of the sun setting over Florence. The menu comprises a pasta dish of your choice, grilled sliced sirloin steak and vegetables, à la carte glass of wine, bottled water and dessert.
At the end of this leisurely meal, around 10pm, a short drive down the hill will take you back to your downtown drop-off point. Please note that the restaurant has a relaxed dress code, so you will not need to change from the sports clothing required for the afternoon horse ride.
FROM 150 PAX
- Period: Mid-March to October
- Meeting points*/Suggested departure times**:
Piazza Adua (Train Station area) at 16:30
National Library, Piazza dei Cavalleggeri (Santa Croce area) at 16:45
Meeting points map
* Door-to-door transfers may be arranged by prior agreement if your accommodation is outside the restricted traffic area; please inquire.
** Different times may be agreed to meet your schedule, please contact us for details.
- Duration: half day
- Languages: English, Italian, French, German
- Participants: no minimum; maximum 8
- Horse ride:
Minimum age: 14 years
Suitable clothing: long pants and sports shoes (no special dress code for the restaurant meal)
Experience: none required, newbie riders welcome
- Cancellation/Rain policy
The tour will be carried out even in case of rain by providing waterproof capes for the horseback ride.
For tours paid in advance, should Florence Country Life cancel it (and only in this case), the options:
1) Refund with voucher to make the tour the following day or at any other time, based on availability. The voucher is transferable and lasts up to 1 year from its date. It can be used in any other tour provided by our company.
2) 100% refund of the amount paid in advance.
3) Should the customer cancel the tour at anytime they will have the right of refund of 50% of the amount paid at the booking.
- Customizations: Vegetarian, vegan or gluten free options can be made available with advance notice; on demand, the foodie part of this tour may also be offered for any or all participants without the horse-riding part; expert riders are advised to check our dedicated page.
- Payment: at the excursion start
- Reservation: required (short-notice arrangements may be possible, please give us a call to check).
- Riding helmet
- Complimentary bottle of water